16.3.09

Shaking cobwebs

Why is it, the more sleep I get, the more tired I feel? I've never understood that. It's like the whole sleep thing was just a huge waste of my time. I could have been up all night enjoying infomercials about snuggies and knives, weight loss and exercise and probably still felt as awake as I do now.

I dozed off on the couch around 10 (which seems to be my thing now after kid's birthday parties), crawled up to bed at midnight (although I don't remember much of that) and slept right through to my alarm at 6:45, but I feel like I'm trawling through molasses.

Warmer weather is finally coming this way. It is supposed to go up to 42 today, and then climb all the way up to 50 tomorrow. Time to break out the t-shirts and shorts. You're probably thinking well it's not that warm. See, up here when you've had -20 and -30 temperatures, 52 feels like a heat wave at first, until the temperatures get warmer and eventually 52 will be more of of a jeans and sweater kinda day. So it's not uncommon to see people walking around up here in shorts and tees, while there are still snowbanks in the background.

In future, if I find myself awake in the middle of the night, I could possibly be watching this. What will they think of next.

3 comments:

  1. I know--50 is a heatwave, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should definitely wear your snuggie today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the change in atmospheric pressure. Change of seasons. It makes people sleepy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some grey matter.